Bespoke Solar Energy System for Yorkshire Estate
The Rudding Park Estate is a widely diversified rural property covering an area of 1500 acres around the picturesque village of Follifoot, North Yorkshire.
This ground mount scheme is a fully bespoke system, designed to work alongside two 85kW wind turbines. The design was based on remaining export capacity available on the supply connection to the site.
After multiple meetings with the client and the local District Network Operator (DNO), we were able to agree on the design of a 234kW solar system with a maximum export of 210.06kW. The system is metered, monitored and maintained by PADD and is producing at well over government estimates.
- We identified a field that was not being used that would be ideal for a ground mounted solar system. As the client wanted to continue to use this land for grazing sheep, Think installed weld mesh to stop any access to the d.c. cables running behind the modules.
- We carried out a feasibility study and site survey before completing the designs and managing the entire planning and installation process.
- As with all our installations, a key priority was to provide high quality equipment that offers reliability and peace of mind as well as the obvious cost and environmental benefits associated with green energy.
- We worked closely with Rudding Park Estate to find the right scheme for them and calculated the long term cost savings and return on investment.
- We are not tied to one particular supplier. Our independence allows us to source the highest quality equipment at the best price.